When you are late for work, you can leave a trail of mess in your house. You can trip over the iron, and it burns your carpet. One thing is for sure; the ugly mark will be there when you get back home. Pushed into that corner, you would want to know how to get burn marks out of carpet.
How to Get Burn Marks Out of Carpet – For a Spotless Carpet
Shampooing carpets will work for removing some stains, but what will work for removing burn marks? Well, you came to the right place. You will learn about how to remove burn marks from your carpet from carpet cleaning pros. There are several methods, so you can pick one or two methods to get back your carpet to look as good as new.
Removing burn marks from carpet: method #1
- Use a sharp pair of scissors to cut out the burned mark.
- Find a hidden spot on your carpet and cut out a small portion. It should be somewhere under the furniture or in a corner.
- Glue the portion you have cut on the burned spot.
- The mark should be gone and your carpet looking just like when you bought it.
Removing burn marks from carpet: method #2
- Get your pair of scissors and carefully cut the burned area on your carpet.
- If the mark is still visible, use regular household detergent to wash the area. Rinse it thoroughly and let it dry.
- Find a scrap carpet that matches the color and pattern of your carpet. If you cannot find an old carpet, find a hidden corner of your carpet and cut out a portion slightly larger than the burned mark.
- Place the piece you have cut over the burned area.
- Cut the edges of the piece covering the burned mark to make it fit in naturally.
- Use glue to hold the new patch into its position. Make sure no one steps on the area before the glue dries up.
Dealing with cigarette burns on your carpet.
If anyone smokes cigarettes in your household, it is only a matter of time before your carpet is burned. When it happens, do not panic, our pros here at Organic Fresh Carpet say there is a way to fix it as discussed below;
- Use sandpaper to clean out the burned marks. Make sure you reach to every corner of the burned area.
- Vacuum the area to remove any lingering residue.
- If there are noticeable black marks, use a small pair d scissors to cut them out.
- Even after doing this, you can still notice some scorched marks. Make a solution of 10 parts of water and 1 part of hydrogen peroxide. Dip a clean cloth into the solution and blot the marks. Do it gently until the marks disappear entirely.
- Rinse the area with water and let it dry.
It is important to keep in mind floor cleaning tips and carpet cleaning tips. Carpets gather all types of stains from dog mishaps to removing tomato sauce. Some are easy to remove, while others will give you a hard time getting rid of them. Burn marks are in the latter group; they may never go away. But you still would want to know how to get burn marks out of carpet. Now you do, and burn marks on your carpet will not give you any problems.
A burned carpet is no joke. Here are some easy tips on how to get burn marks out of carpet so you can restore your carpet.